Monday, September 04, 2006

Home again!

Well, we're back from Egypt and there's a pile of washing the size of Mt Sinai but I don't care, we had a magical holiday. No lie-ins and totally exhausted but definitely a holiday of a lifetime. We arrived at our hotel around midnight local time (10pm BST) after leaving my Mum's in Kent around 9:30am. Had to be at the Ocean College Dive centre at 8am (which was still 6am to us) AND had to have eaten too...

The next 3 days were spent as follows; Sun/Mon/Tues mornings in the classroom (trying to stay awake) and afternoons doing our confined water training in the hotel pool. The theory was so brain-crunching, learning all about Nitrogen Narcosis, Decompression Sickness and all the physiology of water pressure I was sure I was going to fail so on Wednesday afternoon you could've knocked me down with a feather when I found out I'd only got 2 questions wrong in the final exam! I have to admit though, I got to the questions on dive planning and completely blanked out, all the mathematical-type formula that we'd only covered that morning had completely left my brain. I sat and stared at the questions for over half an hour totally clueless and it wasn't until Rob sat back and laughed (I thought he was laughing cos he'd got it sorted, how wrong I was - he'd just totally blanked out too!), then all of a sudden 'BING'! and I just seemed to develop a "sod it" mentality and have a go.

Anyway, loads more to tell, but I'm knackered and I'll do some more tonight when Jake's gone to bed.

End of Part 1.


To be continued... in Aquamarine

No comments: