Sunday, September 17, 2006

a satisfying weekend...

Well, can't say I've actually *done* that much this weekend, but it's been nice - for that very reason I think. Saturday was mostly spent waiting for a call from Rob's mum to let us know when and where we were meeting up, then popping into town for a couple of bits and not actually managing to do most of what was needed. Mainly because we had to dash to Rob's mum and dad's for 5pm so we could see them before they went off on holiday. Spent a while with them then got Jake back to bed for around 8pm.

Bleached my hair and learned a valuable lesson in the process - that being NOT to put the toner on after bleaching; it had ammonia in it and it burned like you wouldn't believe. Imagine how much it would hurt if your hand was being forcibly held over a lit gas ring, and held there for minutes, not seconds. IT.BURNED.THAT.MUCH!

Decided it might be better to abandon the ash-blonde toning effort and wash it all off on account of my head feeling like the fires of hell and thought I'd reward my sensible decision with a large Baileys, or two...

Rob joined me and we proceeded to play the "I have never..." game, which wasn't as (either) insightful or depraved as I'd hoped, but interesting nonetheless. Polished off the Baileys (well that was a given!) and finally went to sleep around 3:30am *yawn*.

Thankfully I got up with Jake Saturday morning (we'd "rock, paper, scissors'd" for it, Rob chose!), so I was allowed a lie-in this morning and STILL Rob came in to wake me up when he took Jake up for his nap just to warn me that Jake might have a little whinge and wake me up (WTF is that all about?). Kinda misses the point there, doesn't it? One day I might get a lie-in where I actually get to wake up and get up when I want, but you know what? I'm not holding out much hope for a while. I'll just have to make do with whatever I get for the time being.

So my first three waking hours were surprisingly quiet and chilled, given that Jake was asleep upstairs and so Rob and I slouched about on the sofa watching "The Blue Planet" on UKTV History. Funny thing is that I've been wanting to see some real Anglerfish since Finding Nemo sparked my interest and I googled for piccies of them; and what do you know? One of the episodes featured mega-deep sealife (like, thousands of metres down, as opposed to the measly 18m that I'm qualified to dive to). I just sat there in complete awe, my jaw dropping on a regular basis while I was listening to David Attenborough explaining all about things that I'll never get to see in my lifetime.

Finally, around 3pm Jake woke up and it was off to Lakeside to complete the mission that we'd started yesterday. Got Jake his chubby crayons at the ELC (ooh, how exciting, I hear you say... welcome to my life!), and proceeded to New Look in the vain hope of finding some a top for me to wear to a job interview. As luck would have it (which it NEVER usually does for me when clothes shopping on a mission) not only did I find a really nice white shirt, but also a really smart pair of trousers and some boots that I know Rob wants me to model wearing clothes slightly less suitable for officewear ifyouknowwhatImean ;o)

I'm not thinking about the overdraft for the time being, the end justifying the means in so much as this now means I can get myself into a position of getting a job and paying it all off. Ho Hum, back on the ladder and all that. Let's just hope that I am well enough to be able to stick at it without falling ill again...

Here endeth the weekend :o( - it's been fun, and looking forward to the next one already :o)

No comments: