Thursday, September 07, 2006

Back before you know it



just thought I'd stick up some piccies from Egypt, some I'll post here and some further above (problems publishing more than a couple at the mo). Amongst them are a rather graceful looking but dangerous Lionfish which I was belly to belly with on one of my first dives, and a Blue Spotted Stingray which Similarly I came face to face with. Strangely enough I was pretty wary of the Lionfish and not at all worried about the Stingray, then I come home and am greeted with the news of the tragic demise of Steve Irwin at the barb of a White Spotted Stingray. Poor bastard, he would *have* to be the lonely statistic of being one of only 4 people killed by a Ray in Oz. My heart goes out to his wife and kids, although I reckon he wouldn't have minded ending his days at the mercy of an animal. At least he couldn't say it was a creature he knew well or he'd have looked a bit foolish eh?

RIP Steve, I think you did a fantastic job of raising the profile of wildlife conservation into the eyes of children again. 'Nuff respect.

No comments: