Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Armageddon..?

I didn't take these, but this is a pretty accurate description of the storm tonight...


OMFG! Just witnessed the most amazing storm I've ever seen in my life, it was a real doozie! The sky was lit up all shades of purple, yellow and white. Fork lightning like you've never seen before, except in movies and on nature programmes, streaking in witches fingers across the sky. I had easily been watching from my back door for 45 minutes, and I could have quite happily stayed there another 45 as it went on for a good couple of hours. The lightning made so many different shapes; spidering like tree branches, forking horizontally, vertically and even making the number 6 at one point during the unmissable display of mother nature's ultimate power.

Absolutely awesome, something I will remember for the rest of my life...

No comments: