Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pffffft! Finally,

I have got round to putting up all my wedding photos onto Photobucket. Found a nifty little Beta-thingy called Flock that helps you upload loads of piccies at once, I did 146 in one go (it struggled with 196 and only did the first 40 - but that's why it's still a Beta). If you're interested and wanna be nosey in my photo album then clicky here

[queen bitch rant mode]
Fuck me, families are really hard work sometimes, aren't they? Especially when they're not your own cos then you have to make twice as much effort to stay on the right side of 'em. Was trying to make sure I hadn't completely alienated myself by putting my foot in my mouth the other week and ended up shooting myself in the other one. Just cos I was being consciencious She-who-shall-remain-nameless thought it was her right to tell me exactly what was wrong me from her little perfect glasshouse where-she-can-do-no-wrong. The thing is, she's FAR from perfect herself and I'm the one person that has been friendly to her when certain other members of the family (who shall also remain nameless) spoke less than decently about her. At least if I have a problem with someone I try to sort it out as soon as possible, face to face - and I'd NEVER say anything behind someone's back that I wouldn't say to their face.

All this cos I made a joke that went down like a lead balloon. You know sometimes I'm funny, sometimes I'm not but the thing about it is that there is never any maliciousness, only humourous intent. I got to the stage talking with this person that I thought to myself "why in hell am I bothering?" Fuck it, if you can't take a joke then bollocks, it's not my problem.


Grow a fucking sense of humour.

*gets coat*

[/queen bitch rant mode]

7 comments:

Dan said...

This is why me and most of my relatives don't get on - I try to please one side and piss off the other, try to make amends and piss of the first side.

So now I piss them all off equally. I am the proverbial "Black Sheep" of the family.

Meh, got all the family I need right here :)

Dan said...

I have been asked by forces that cannot be named, if you go to the Pink Toothbrush in Rayleigh.

I swear Basildon is getting more inbred if that's a yes ;)

Lara said...

you mean DO I go to the PT? never been - yet, but intend to at some point...

Dan said...

hmmmm... the OLD Roundacre, the Playground, the Bullseye.

I only ask as someone has said "I KNOW her from somewhere..." and thinks you have the look about you of an alternate clubber ;)

Laney said...

Oooohh, loved the pictures. It's taken you long enough.

Don't let the whole thing get you down. You don't have to like them, and they don't have to like you. Fuck em'.

Lara said...

Dan: Never been to the Pink toothbrush, however used to go to Full Tilt at the Electric Ballroom in Camden on the odd occasion, but not for nearly 10 years now... Have been to many various and varied clubs over the years, anything from Heavy Metal and Goth, Alternative and cheesy Rock right through to Trance, Techno and Hard Dance music. Nothing really passes me by without me at least giving it a passing consideration (except Jungle and Hardcore, but that's a bit of a given, innit?!)

Laney said...

Lara is definitely 'alternative', but she didn't move here that long ago. She must just have one of those faces. LOL