Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fishies...

In the days leading up to us going away, Jake developed a growing fascination with the film Finding Nemo, and I at times found myself watching it in almost as much awe as him, thinking to myself "I wonder if we'll see this fish or that one". By the time we got to go out on the boat I was almost beside myself with excitement, being something of a wildlife fanatic. So you can imagine my serendipitous joy when the very first fish I saw on my first underwater descent was a Clownfish (and no, he didn't try and tell any poor jokes, he left that to me lol). Since we've returned I'm watching 'Nemo and catching myself thinking "Seen that one, and that one", if only I could remember their proper names, and not their character's names from the film I might actually make a good naturalist.


The fish to the left is called a Rainbow Parrotfish, and we saw more of these than I can remember to count. Their colours underwater are stunning, and I can imagine that they are as individual as a human fingerprint.

The little flouro fishy I can't remember the proper name of, but for the duration of the holiday I called them "Lara-fish" as the pink is my absolute favourite colour. Again we saw more of these than I can recall, and every single time it was a pleasure.

No comments: