Friday, October 06, 2006

Thank Dog it's Friday...

It's been a funky week here, I'm [i]so[/i] glad it's over. I'm falling apart, My RSI/tendonitis is playing up in my left wrist (thanks to Dad for the childhooh abuse), I pulled a muscle in my back in my sleep the other night and I had to have an x-ray on my right foot last friday cos of a pokey-outey bone just above my arch. It's been pokey-outey as long as I can remember but up till now it's only given me grief when I've done loads of walking. Now it's just flared up for no reason at all, except the reason I reckon is it's my birthday in just over a week and "The Powers That Be"(tm) have decided in their infinite wisdom to remind me that I'm not some lithe little twenty-something anymore (not that I was any more lithe and little in my twenties than I am now) and should start acting my age.

So couple this up with chasing round after a toddler all week I'm feeling pukka thankyouverymuch.

Jobhunting seems to have got me nowhere this week either, Jake's had his pneumococcal (sp?) vaccination and was a very brave boy - so brave that Janet "the-nurse-who's-as-mad-as-a-box-of-frogs" gave him two stickers. although if truth be told I think Mummy earned one of them cos ths was the first time she had to take Jakey into get a jab (she doesn't like them needles), and he did squirm a little when I heard a squishy noise coming from the needle *ewwwww* [i]*shudders[/i].

I reckon it's getting near the time where we start to introduce a potty into the house as he's making associations between the verbal noise "psss-psss" and the toilet. He's been au fait with that for a couple of weeks now and last night when Rob was doing the bathtime-bedtime routine with him the bath was running, they were stripped down (just block the mental images) and Rob was going to the loo. At this point Jake made the usual "psss-psss" noise and then when rob had finished and followed Jake into the bathroom Jake just stood there, said "psss-psss" and peed on the floor. Now most people would just think *[i]nice[/i]* (as Rob did, so consequently didn't tell me till later) but when he did tell me I said that it was a huge milestone - Jake making the association between a sound, a place and HIS OWN bodily function. It was a proud moment for me when I heard!

So like I said before, it's been a funky week (hence the funky pumpkin orange font); Claire and I are looking into horseriding, Rob's been cooking (twice, and not beans on toast either!), I STILL haven't got a job (prolly just as well considering I'm aching everywhere at various points) and Jake needs a potty or two...

I can't [i]wait[/i] to see what the weekend brings, can you? [i]*edit* Who needs to wait? The bloody font size has a gremlin in it already, pfft! and it's not even friday the 13th yet...

No comments: